AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

Back from Boston

Hi everyone, it was great to see some of you guys in Boston and talk in person.

I hope that the siggraph was good for you, maybe the Deadline family will expand some more because of this siggraph?

I took the time to install version 2.5 that I got from your booth … I was just wondering why it is still not available on the web site.

Is there a problem with that release? should I wait for the next build before installing it?

Thanks

Sylvain Berger | Technical Director | Alpha Vision

Hey Sylvain,

It was great to finally meet you in person!

There are just some last minute things we’re taking care of like new splash screens and a few minor hiccups. It will be out either this week or early next week. If anyone is upgrading from a previous version, I would recommend simply waiting for the official release, just to ensure you only have to perform the upgrade once.

Cheers,

Ryan Russell

Frantic Films Software

http://software.franticfilms.com/

(204)949-0070

Ryan,

I went by your booth during siggraph but you happened to be getting lunch at the time.  I wanted to ask you if your new version of deadline will support the new implamentation of "render elements" in vray 1.5

Chaos is now following the max scanline method of doing render elements which is a change from previous versions.  I wasn't sure how much additional coding would have to be done to support this important feature.

thanks,

Vance Miller

eyeballnyc

Hi Vance,

Sorry I missed you. We haven’t been able to test Deadline with vray 1.5 yet, but we’re working on getting it installed on our network here. If for some reason the new render element feature doesn’t already work with Deadline, we can release a patch after Deadline 2.5 is released that will fix the problem.

Have you already tried rendering the vray render elements with Deadline? Did you run into any problems?

Cheers,

Ryan Russell

Frantic Films Software

http://software.franticfilms.com/

(204)949-0070

Yeah Ryan I have been using a prerelease that had the feature enabled.  When I go through deadline, files are saved for the render elements but they are all black.  Could have been just a bug with my version of vray but I thought I should make you aware of a possible problem.

Vance Miller

eyeballnyc

Hmm, that was the same problem we had with vray 1.47. Once we get 1.5 on our network, we’ll make this a priority and get a patch out as soon as we can. Thanks for the info!

• Ryan

That would be great.

Thanks for the quick response.

Vance Miller

eyeballnyc

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences