AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

Job taking long time to appear in Monitor

While doing testing in version 2.5, I was submitting a lot of jobs, I experienced this behavior a couple times.

After I submit multiple jobs from maya (With render Layers for example), some jobs will take a long time to appear in the Monitor, even if I refresh all the monitor many times…

It always end up appearing after a while … and many refreshes.

Anyone experienced this as well?

Sylvain Berger | Technical Director | Alpha Vision

This is a strange one. Does the submission script popup the confirmation message box right away? I could understand the submission taking a while, but if the submission is quick and the job doesn’t appear for a while, then something weird is going on. Next time this happens, check the jobs folder in the repository to see if the job has made it there. Just look for the folder with the same name as the Job ID that is shown in the confirmation box.

Cheers,

• Ryan

I found the problem… the monitor is not showing Pending jobs by default… the jobs not appearing where all pending jobs…

Maybe it would be good that the monitor display pending jobs by default?

Thanks

It actually does display it by default. However, the monitor saves its state between sessions (filters, columns, etc). If you were using Deadline way back before the pending state was created, the saved monitor data wouldn’t have pending in it’s filters, so when you upgrade, the Monitor just assumes that you have it filtered out.

I know, it’s a little confusing. :slight_smile:

Just glad to here all is well now!

• Ryan

Yeah, all the problems I had where related to the pending state.

Now that I understand how it works, i’ll be able to debug better when I put 2.5 in production.

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences