AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

Temparature sensors setup broken

Hi, we got our sensors and we encountered problems while doing the setup.

1. Open Powermanagement window
  2. Go in temperature shutdown tab
  3. Add a zone
  4. Edit the zone
  5. Add a sensor (IP + OID) Use a OID different from the default one ex.:(1.3.6.1.4.1.318.1.1.10.4.2.3.1.5.0.1)
  6. Click OK
  7. Re-edit the sensor… the OID is reverted to the default value <- This is bad :slight_smile:

Problem #2

It is not possible to have 2 sensor with the same IP and different OID. It should be possible our APC sensors uses the same IP but different OID.

It is possible to workaround this by creting the second sensor with a bad ip then edit the second sesor and put back the correct IP, but i’m not sure if this will cause conflict.

I think you should create sensors with a name, each sensor can have the same IP adress or the same OID… of course having the same IP AND OID should not be possible.

An finaly I think you should make it a proud Canadian software by using Celcius by default :wink:

Thanks

Sylvain Berger | Technical Director | Alpha Vision

Thanks for the information Sylvain. We’ll look at getting those issues fixed!

Cheers,

Ryan Russell

Frantic Films Software

http://software.franticfilms.com/

(204)949-0070

Hey Sylvain,

Both of the problems you mentioned have been addressed. The fix will be included in a maintainence release we plan to do in the near future.

Thanks again!

• Ryan

Thanks Ryan, doesn this fix require an install or not? if not I would like to get the fixed file if possible.

We are setuping the sensors now and the faster we get this done the better.

Thanks

Sylvain Berger | Technical Director | Alpha Vision

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences