AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

vray render elements problem

I'm still having a problem with vray render elements saving out black frames. 

When I render local everything is fine.  But when it goes to deadline I the elements save their individual file sequences but they are all black.

Any ideas?

thanks,

Vance Miller

eyeballnyc

Hi Vance,

We are working on getting vray 1.5 on our farm here at Frantic, and we can look into fixing this problem when we do.

I’m currently on holidays until the 25th, but when I get back in the office I’ll check the status of our vray 1.5 licenses, and let you know when a fix is available.

Cheers,

• Ryan

thanks Ryan.  I look forward to seeing what you find out.

Vance Miller

eyeballnyc

This is just a notice that we have tracked down this bug, and the fix will be included in the next release of Deadline.

This will be mainly a maintenance release, so it should be available in the near term.

Cheers,

• Ryan

Ryan,

Do you have a timetable for when that Deadline update will be released? 

Thanks,

V Miller

eyeballnyc

We’re hoping in about a month’s time, but that might change. We’re still working out a few issues in the max plugin, so once they’re resolved, we can likely put a patch on the website prior to the official release.

Cheers,

• Ryan

Hello,

we are facing similar problems when using render elements with the Max Standard elements using the scanline renderer.

When rendered locally everything is fine, when rendered with deadline output is all black for the elements.

Will this also be fixed with the update or is it another problem, that can be solved differently.

- Christoph

We’ve never seen this problem before. Can you post a simple test scene that reproduces the results? Perhaps the fixes we’ve made for vray might have solved this issue already.

Thanks!

• Ryan

I will like to bump this topic or ask if there is a patch that is already out. I checked the patched download area and it is still not available. We are running into the same problem with 3dsmax8 with vray 1.5. The RGB renders out fine, but passes such as specs gives us black frames. Locally, works perfectly fine.

Lap

We believe we have fixed the problem, and the fix will be included in

the Deadline release we plan to do next week. All of our tests here

seemed to work well, but of course if you run into issues with the new

version, please let us know and post a small test scene that we could

use to speed up the debugging process.

Cheers,

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences