AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

Linux client cannot be seen by monitor

Just downloaded Deadline v3.
Installed Repository on Windows. Copied Repository onto a linux box and shared the directory via Samba.
Installed Windows client. Connected without problems.

Installed Linux client. Started Deadline slave. Appears to started without problems.

Check with Deadline monitor under Windows. Can see the Deadline windows client, but not the deadline linux client.

I can see the repository on my linux box by browsing to it via nfs. It has permissions. Check sales, reports on the Repository and there is no mention of the linux client. What else can I check?

In the Deadline Slave interface, it should show which repository it is connected to in the Title bar. Check to make sure this is the correct path to the repository. If it is, then the slave should have created a folder in \your\repository\slaves with its machine name as the folder name. If this folder is created, then the slave should appear in the Monitor. If the slave can’t create the folder for whatever reason, it should print out some error messages in the log.

Maybe check that the repository folder is indeed mounted on the linux slave. If it’s not mounted properly, it may be treated simply as a local folder (so the files that the linux slave writes to it aren’t actually being created in the share).

Cheers,

• Ryan

I am still having no luck from my linux slave v3.
PID
root 16674 11581 0 14:48 pts/1 00:00:00 mono /usr/local/lib/deadline/deadlinelauncher.exe -slave

Are there more deadline PID?
Deadline slave is launched by:
/usr/local/bin/deadlinelauncher -slave
I have write permissions to my Repository which is /nfs/pipeline/DeadlineRepository-v3
No logs in in the repository slaves directory nor the reports.
I have checked the local folder, it is definately has a mapping to my /nfs/pipeline server. I have re-run the deadlineclientsetup.sh numerous times. What am I doing wrong? Firewall is turned off.

It looks like the slave isn’t running. Open a terminal and try running ‘deadlineslave’ and see if it starts up. If it doesn’t, look for any error messages and feel free to post them.

Thanks!

• Ryan

ah, you are right.

This is the error I get when I start the deadlineslave:
[root@cpu2 ~]# deadlineslave
Deadline Slave 3.0 [v3.0.32934 R]
slave initialization beginning.
Repository time: 09/26/2008 11:42:18
Info Thread - Created.
Could not run slave in GUI mode because: An exception was thrown by the type initializer for Gtk.Container (System.TypeInitializationException)
Check that this machine has the necessary GTK # dependencies installed.
Slave ‘Cpu29.prod.omnilab.com.au’ has stalled, house cleaning in progress
No stalled slave notification address specified in Repository Options - cannot send notification

No stalled slave notification address specified in Repository Options - cannot send notification

I have the following gtk installed:
pygtk2-2.10.1-8.el5
usermode-gtk-1.88-3.el5
gtkhtml2-2.11.0-3
gtk-engines-0.12-6.el4
gnome-python2-gtkhtml2-2.14.2-4.fc6
gtk±1.2.10-56.el5
gtk2-2.10.4-19.el5
authconfig-gtk-5.3.12-2.el5
gtksourceview-1.8.0-1.fc6
gtk2-engines-2.8.0-3.el5
pygtk2-libglade-2.10.1-8.el5
gnome-python2-gtksourceview-2.16.0-1.fc6

What am I missing?

When you installed Mono, did it mention if there were any dependencies missing after the installation completed? Whenever I’ve seen the slave report this error, that was always the case, and installing those missing dependencies always fixed the problem. If you don’t remember if Mono mentioned anything, try reinstalling Mono.

Cheers,

• Ryan
Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences