AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

Linux load scene error

I am running Ubuntu Server 8.04.1 x86_64 and am getting this error.

My deadline repository is on a windows 2003 server.

I am mounting the Deadline Repository like this if it helps:
sudo smbmount /deadline/DeadlineRepository /mnt/DeadlineRepository -o username=(USERNAME),password=(PASSWORD)

Exception Details
RenderPluginException – Exception during render: An error occurred in RenderTasks(): Deadline caught error “Error: Cannot load scene “//Agaminas/agami1/Agami_Root/BB_Projects/3883_Slims_Plexi_Animation/scenes/DB_Slims_B.mb”. Please check the scene name.”. If this error message is unavoidable but not fatal to your render, please email deadline-support@franticfilms.com with the error message, and change the disable the plugin setting StrictErrorChecking. (FranticX.Processes.ManagedProcessAbort) (Deadline.Plugins.RenderPluginException)
at Deadline.Plugins.ScriptPlugin.RenderTasks (Int32 startFrame, Int32 endFrame, System.String& outMessage) [0x00000]
RenderPluginException.Cause: JobError (2)
Exception.Source: deadline
Exception.TargetSite: Void RenderTask(Int32, Int32)
Exception.Data: ( )
Exception.StackTrace:
at Deadline.Plugins.Plugin.RenderTask (Int32 startFrame, Int32 endFrame) [0x00000]
at Deadline.Slaves.SlaveRenderThread.RenderCurrentTask () [0x00000]

When I was beta testing i remember that i had to do it as nfs, but that was because the repository was on another linux box.

It looks like you’re submitting the job with the option to submit the Maya file with the job turned off, because Deadline is telling Maya to load the file directly from “//Agaminas/agami1/Agami_Root/BB_Projects/3883_Slims_Plexi_Animation/scenes/DB_Slims_B.mb”. My guess is that this path isn’t mounted on your Linux slave. If you have the submit Maya file option enabled on submission, the Maya file will be transferred with the job, and copied locally to the slave so that it can find it when it starts rendering.

Cheers,

• Ryan

We do not turn the submit maya file option on because the file is directly accessible on our NAS. I do have the NAS mounted on my linux machine with CIFS because the repository is on a windows machine. Is there a different way to mount it so it works? I had NFS working with deadline on linux before but the repository was on a linux machine. (that was during the beta test).

Which machine is better to put the repository on a linux or windows machine? Rather is there any benefit to chose one OS over the other?

If you don’t use the submit maya file option, then maya will have to load the scene directly from the network, using the path that was submitted with the job. In this case, it’s:

//Agaminas/agami1/Agami_Root/BB_Projects/3883_Slims_Plexi_Animation/scenes/DB_Slims_B.mb

So in order for the linux machines to access this file directly, the following path should be available to them:

/Agaminas/agami1/Agami_Root/BB_Projects/3883_Slims_Plexi_Animation/scenes/

If the linux machines can’t access this path, or it doesn’t exist, that would explain your problem. A simple test would be to go to one of the linux machines and try opening the scene file in Maya using the exact path above. I have tested this here and confirmed that this feature works fine on a scene that was submitted from a PC and rendered on Linux (even though the scene path starts with ‘//’).

Note that machine that the repository is on or how it is mounted shouldn’t affect whether or not your machine can access the maya file if it’s not being submitted with the job, as that path is completely independent of the repository path.

Cheers,

• Ryan
Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences