AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

Krakatoa Partitioning To Deadline not working

Hello

I am having an issue where partitioning through deadline is not working, and I have been unable to figure out why. The error occours when I “Submit all partitions to deadline” from the krakatoa primary floater.

Using:
KrakatoaMX 2.6.1
Deadline Repository Version: 8.0.6.5
Deadline Integration Version: 8.0.6.5
3dsMax 2017 SP 3

I am able to render using krakatoa on the slave nodes, and I am also able to manually open the scene file I am partitioning from, and partition from that on the slave.

The deadline logs are reporting a python error, but I think it has to do with logging, I am not really sure what do do with it:

Also that error is happening reliably 4 seconds after a “FontSync” action successfully completes on the slave, so it seems 3dsMax may not even be getting to start before the crash error occurs.

Could this be a bug, or am I missing something obvious? Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you!

I have also attached a log from one of the failed tasks.

[EDIT]
Additionally I should add, that I tried partitioning to a computer that had a seperate instance of 3dsMax open as well, that had a valid Krakatoa license at that time, and that was without using all of the licenses that we have available, so I don’t believe it is a licensing issue.
Job_2017-01-06_16-01-01_5870139d781df60e30267336.txt (8.8 KB)

I have moved the topic to the Deadline forum, since the problem appears to be the 3dsmax.py and not necessarily related to Krakatoa itself. If it turns out to be a Krakatoa issue, I will jump back in…

Hello,

This appears to be a bug that was found earlier on in deadline. It looks like it was fixed in Deadline 8.0.8 so updating to that version or any later version should fix this for you.

Grant

Thanks both of you, after the upgrade, things seem to be working correctly!

Thanks again!

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences