AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

Deadline not syncing with Shotgun

I have been testing out the Deadline/Shotgun integration. In the past, I have worked with one project. Let’s call that Project A, and it has an asset named Fake. I recently created a project called Project B. In that project, I created some tasks for an asset and a shot and assigned those tasks to myself.

However, when I test the integration connection, I can only select Project A with the Fake entity. I cannot choose Project B. Do I need to refresh Deadline somehow?

When I set Enable Advanced Workflow to true, I can select all the projects and their associated assets shots. However, the tasks I assigned to myself are still not showing up.

I actually created a whole new API script in Shotgun, which generated a new Application Key. Still have the same issue.

I do believe you need to refresh the panel. I remember discussing the idea of caching the contents to speed things up.

Now, I’m sure you’ve already tried clicking the nice big ‘refresh’ button in the UI as you can see here:

(docs.thinkboxsoftware.com/produc … n-creation)

At this point, I’m assuming permissions problems on the tasks somehow. The silly quick questions are:

1. Are you using the same user account within the Shotgun submitter as you are in the web interface
  2. Have you read this page yet (I’m about to dive in): support.shotgunsoftware.com/hc/ … ermissions

Well, one needs to start from the beginning. I have shot myself in the foot several times because I left out a simple step.

Clicking the Refresh button does not seem to work. However, some data is syncing. For my dummy project, I created a sequence with a shot as well as an asset. I can select them both. I see messages like this in the GUI:

Getting Task list for user ‘Chris.Spears’… done!

I am using my Shotgun login for the connection, and I do have Admin privileges. I checked out the Admin Permissions page, and I do have a lot of power. Is there a particular permission that I should be looking for?

Hello,

What status did you assign the tasks in Project B?

Regards,

Charles

The tasks (Lighting, FX, Render) for the shot are set to ‘Waiting to Start’. The same for the fake task. Does that make a difference?

Yes, it does. When I set my tasks to ‘In Progress’, I can see them! If I set more tasks to ‘In Progress’ and hit Refresh, I can see new tasks!

I definitely learned something new with this one! I believe we filter out any that are ‘waiting to start’ if I’m remembering the terminology right.

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences