AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

statistics and diagnostics

I mainly delve into deadline when something is wrong either on the deadline or rendering application side. Faced with a delivery and annoying flickering frames, I have some suggestions to make this easier.

1. 3dsmax render stats. ie number of faces. setup time, rendertime-setup time. etc
  2. normalized render time graph. so slower machines don’t show as spikes in the graph
  3. FRAME REVIEW FRAME REVIEW FRAME REVIEW
    its so hard to mark bad frames in deadline, and its hard to requeue frames from a list.
    please please please come up with a way to view frames faster, and find the problems.

Ben.

1. We should be able to write to the log the amount of time spent loading the scene file, opening the renderer, and actually rendering the frame. I wouldn’t know off hand how to get the number of faces (we would have to investigate this possibility) - all the output we write to the slave log comes from the renderer directly, so if the renderer spits out this extra information, it would already be in the slave log.

2. This will be addressed in the upcoming maintenance release.

3. It’s been on our wishlist for a while, but currently we don’t have a timeline to implement this.

Cheers,

• Ryan
Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences