AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

Can't seem to get Deadline working with Maya 2017 Update 3, or with Maya 2018 (beta)

Hi,

I’ve been trying to get Deadline to work with Maya 2017 Update 3 (beta testing) or Maya 2018 beta-releases.

I’ve tried the updated submission script as found on the following thread:
forums.thinkboxsoftware.com/vie … e+2#p68501

…however I still got the same error message. See below:

In attachment I’ve added the scene I’m using to submit. It’s the most basic scene just to test the network render.

I’m using a free license (on one machine) of Deadline 8.

Any idea what’s going on?
I’ve read that Autodesk introduced a new variable into their code for Maya update 2, could this be the same case with update 3 (and up)?

thanks for your help.
Jeroen
Maya2017_Update3_DeadlineTestScene_v001.zip (20 KB)

Thanks for the test scene. I’ve logged your information as a ticket for further investigation.

Hi,
Can I ask where do you have access to “Update 3” from? As we are unable to see it in both production and beta release channels, so we can’t download it and test. Feel free to PM if private. :frowning:

hey! any news on this?

cheers,
jD

Sorry, we were waiting for access to the BETA forum. I believe we now have that, so I’ll get the internal issue placed back into our queue for someone to take a look at this issue for you.

sounds great!

Bad news: forums.thinkboxsoftware.com/vie … 11&t=15196

We are working with Autodesk to see how soon they can fix their code.

ah, damn…

but thanks for the update Mike, too bad we were too late to spot the issue…in time for the update 3 release…

hope they get it sorted quick!

thx
Jeroen

We are having the same problem! Any news on this?

You should be able to fix this by overwriting the mayaBatchRenderProcedure.mel file found in \scripts\others with the same one from maya 2017 Update 2 it appears to work from my testing. I have not done extremely rigorous testing of this however, and I don’t know if there may be other consequences.

Grant

Tks, we don’t have that file anymore, can you send it to me?

Ignore! Have it.

It seems to work.

forums.thinkboxsoftware.com/vie … 809#p69809

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences