AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

Feature Request : Repository Statistics

Hello!
In the Deadline Repository Statistics Window (speaking of which, why isn’t it in the monitor tools menu?), on the “Repository Statistics” tab, can we get a “TOTAL Task Count” for all completed jobs?
Thanks,
Mike

Hey Mike,

The repository statistics feature was dropped for 3.0, as it was causing all sorts of problems in 2.7. It needs a complete rewrite, but it might make it into a future 3.x release. Sorry if this causes any inconvenience.

Cheers,

• Ryan

Oh dear!
I really rely on it to provide stats to some people in my company.
More importantly, we tape archive the completed jobs after a period of time and currently use the stats function to find old jobs via their “job id” tag in the stats window! I kind of need it in v3!
Mike

We can probably look at re-adding it for the 3.1 release. The beta will begin shortly, and if things are going well with the Mac version, we may be able to free up some resources to look at this. Most of the original code is still there, so we could likely restore it to it’s original form, and see if we can work out some of the kinks during the process.

I just took a look though the old statistics code and realized that it’s not compatible with Deadline 3.0 (this, along with the stability issues, was the reason why it wasn’t included in 3.0). Because a new solution will be required, it is possible that this won’t make it into the 3.1 release.

Cheers,

• Ryan

OK, Thanks for looking into it Ryan.
I can ask for it to be put high on the wish-list, please?
Thanks,
Mike

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences