AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

morons guide to deadline

hello
i could use a step by step guide on installing deadline. i have one slave (1 quad core) and one workstation (dual quad core) both xp64bit
soft i use is 3d max 2009 and realflow (latest ver), where should i have the Repository and can i use my workstation as the "server
im going to buy one more slave, can i still use deadline in freemode with 2 slaves and workstation as server only?
ps realflow is the soft that i need deadline for

Henrik:-)

Hi Henrik,

See the SETUP section of our online manual for all the information you need to get set up:
franticfilms.com/software/su … ntents.php

Since you will at most only have 2 slaves connecting to the Repository, you can install it on your workstation. Non-windows operating systems have a connection limitation of 10, so if you ever expand your render farm, you will want to look at moving the repository to either a windows server OS or a *nix based server.

In Free Mode, Deadline only looks at the slave count. So you could have more than one workstation submitting to your farm, just as long as you only run the slave on the render nodes. If you ever need to remove a slave from the repository, close the slave application so that the slave appears offline in the Monitor. Then enter super user mode (Tools -> Super User Mode), and right-click on the slave in the list and select Delete.

Hope this helps!

Cheers,

• Ryan
Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences