AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

Unreal Swarm Job submission - how it works?

Greetings,

TL:DR; how do people use “Submit unreal Job” feature?

I was shocked to see an unreal to deadline implementation but cant figure how to use it.

See, there is “Submit unreal job” section in “deadline 8.0” and it is easily configurable but; how do i add the job files or make the job start and end?

Currently, i get the warning “no auxilary files” warning after submitting the job and the job cant even start as a “dummy job”(to prevent the machines getting asssigned to another job).

s

Hi there,

We have added the following new section to our docs in our BETA version (upcoming next version of Deadline). I’ll see if we can backport it as it is also relevant to 8.0 as well. Here it is, which should help explain how Unreal works under Deadline. Think of it as a “reservation” style plugin.

Let us know if you have any further questions.
Mike

Well, i was expecting something similar to what you have made us accustomed to (over the years), an “in-editor script” that will remove the manual actions… but it is better than nothing.

ofcourse it would be much better if unreal editor could just report the end of the render to “deadline” so deadline could remote kill the swarm agents

Everything is set and working right now but i would still like to request a feature that will make slaves avaible again without manually flagging the job “complete”

I would love to see deadline, kill the “swarm.exe” if CPU usage on those machines goes below 40 for more than 3 seconds. That should flag the task as “complete” to the deadline.

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences