AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

cpu utilization and memory usage graph per task

Hi,

we recently upgraded from deadline 5 to 8 and there’s one thing I miss really much and could not figure out how to get it:

I would like to see the cpu utilization and the memory usage of an individual task over time from the start 'till the end of the frame’s render (which is obviously not the same as the ‘Tasks (CPU graph)’ and ‘Tasks (RAM graph)’ which graphs out the usages of all the tasks over time).

thanks in advance

Gabor

Hey Gabor!

I don’t think we store that data anywhere like we used to, but I’ll add it in as a feature request.

It’s been awhile since I used Deadline 5 on a daily basis, so I’ll have to dig up some screenshots to illustrate it. Do you still have a working machine that you could grab snapshots from? It’d make illustrating the idea a lot simpler.

here is an image straight from your manual:

docs.thinkboxsoftware.com/produc … nitor.html

look for “Task Panel” chapter’s second image

Thanks for the (hopefully) upcoming feature. It helps in debugging renders quite a lot…

Gabor

Ha! I love it. I’m the one who’s supposed to pass documentation links around. Thanks man!

Hi,

did you implement this feature in deadline 10?

Gabor

Unfortunately we dedicated all of our core development resources towards smoothing out people’s journey to AWS in the 10.0 release. It’s still a great thing for us to bring back, but for the time being it’s still not available.

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences