AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

Distribute Rendering with Deadline 9 and Vray 3.5

Hi all,

2nd question for the day…

I’m having issues getting submitted jobs to distribute render, as you are probably aware, previously with backburner, you simply choose the “distributed Rendering” option in the 3ds max render settings dialog, make sure the nodes are the list and that they have the spawner running, submit the job and any free comps will pick up the job…

however it doesn’t seem to be the case with deadline, i’ve been through the documentation but it’s unclear to me how to get this to work?
Do you require a deadline licence on the machine that would be a spawner? if this is the case, i still am unable to get it to work…

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers.

Hi,

I would have a read of these settings:
docs.thinkboxsoftware.com/produc … br-options

and then review these tech notes here:
docs.thinkboxsoftware.com/produc … f-load-dbr

I would enable the “Use 3dsCmd Plugin” checkbox in SMTD, so that the off-loaded master does not consume a 3ds Max GUI/workstation license and then ALL other frames(tasks) of the job will run up V-Ray Spawner application and auto shut it down again once the job is complete. Using this technique, no lics will be used, except Deadline Slave license per machine and of course, a V-Ray license per machine.

V-Ray Spawner must NOT be installed as a service OR must NOT be already running. Deadline takes care of everything here.

Each machine which runs “Deadline Slave” will need a Deadline license. (Multiple Slaves on the same machine only consume 1 x Deadline license PER machine, for the record, although not really relevant here).

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences