AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

Jigsaw for Maya - Inaccurate render dimensions

We ran into a problem with jigsaw renders today where we couldn’t get the far right side of the frame to render. It seems to have something to do with how the x/y numbers in jigsaw map to the actual render resolution. This was in Maya 2017 in case it matters, but it feels like just something rounding wrong.

The final frame size is 10240 x 2560. We had jigsaw simply grid it at 16 x 4 tiles. The assemble task produced black frames without any errors so I started looking into the job submission parameters and logs and found that instead of all tiles being 640 x 640 the widths varied from 638 to 640 so the assembled tiles only made it to 10232 in width (the heights were consistently 640).

We tried to do create a tile in the jigsaw UI from 10232 to 10240 but found that the X/Y coordinates weren’t the image resolution and even if we made one all the way to the far right of frame for about 50 units, figuring that would get at least the 8 pixels we need, it still rendered only up to 10232. So it seems like something in the normalization is going wrong.

I did end up getting the edge rendered by exporting the submission parameters from the single edge tile attempt, modifying the range numbers to what we needed, and running it through deadlinecommand.

I think you should be able to repro with just a simple maya scene set to render through Arnold at 10240 x 2560, but if not I can provide stuff to repro.

Can you advise what version of Deadline you are running so I know what version to use in order to reproduce this problem. Thanks.

Yep, sorry about that important detail: 9.0.0.18

Edited title to make it easier to search for.

I’ll see if Grant knows what’s up here. We take a snapshot of the viewport to grab the image to render with, but I don’t know how we’re pulling the rendering dimensions…

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences