AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

Why should I use the Cinema 4D Batch plugin

Hi,

What are the pros and cons of using or not using the Cinema 4D “Use Batch Plugin”?

It’s turned off by default but turning it on makes everything faster, whats the catch? :slight_smile:

I understand it keeps C4D open. But why not using it by default?

Cheers

No catch, just the feature is still considered a little experimental, so off by default to protect you. Go for it. Let us know if you hit any edge cases?

Cool, I will. Working great for now.

One big pro/con is when your scene isn’t rendering quite right. When running in batch mode, it’s more difficult to isolate Cinema from Deadline because we do more than just pass command line arguments.

If you say, have a gamma issue, my usual workflow is to render with the app with batch mode off, see if the issue still crops up, and grab the “Full command” from the log to run on one of the render machines. That whole workflow is outlined here:
docs.thinkboxsoftware.com/produc … m-deadline

Otherwise, Mike’s absolutely right. Use it until something isn’t working as expected, then let us know here and we can help you track down if it’s a Deadline issue or a Cinema issue. Same goes for Nuke, Maya, Max, SoftImage, and a few others.

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences