SI script issue

Discussion and Support of Deadline, the Render Management System
MikeOwen

Re: SI script issue

Postby MikeOwen » Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:05 pm

Has the machine running the Deadline Proxy Server been upgraded and also restarted?
Mike Owen
Developer
Thinkbox Software UK

mirkoj

Postby mirkoj » Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:53 pm

Yes all machines are upgraded everything is god. Identical setup and submitter works for houdini maya and blender.. but not for softimage.
And other machines on network works for softiamge as well.
I;ve deleted all think box folders after uninstillation, reinstalled client and getting same message as soon as submit to deadline in softimage gui starts.

And that is only this machine, got one more machine that is connected over proxy and that one also works, so really out of ideas here.

- everything is updated to same Deadline 9.0.20 version 100%
- got even clean windows installation
- reinstalled submitter...

other machines submit for SI works perfectly this one is not reacting at all.
Guess will use others for now till some other complete windows reinsatllation I guess..
Here is also screenshot of versions. There are 6 machines, each running 2 slaves with GPu affinities setup (2 GPUs per slave)
Attachments
2017-04-28_195217.jpg
2017-04-28_195217.jpg (37.73 KiB) Viewed 47 times

eamsler

Postby eamsler » Mon May 01, 2017 9:58 am

So, I did a little bit of digging this morning and I'm not sure why DeadlineCommand would be complaining about a file already existing. It should either use what's already there or overwrite it and not care. Here's what the submitter is running under the hood that seems to be failing:

Code: Select all

"C:\Program Files\Thinkbox\Deadline9\bin\deadlinecommand" -getrepositorypath submission/Softimage/Main/SoftimageToDeadline.py

Also, because it's being accessed from an app, any file handles should close as soon as it closes and we're closing any file handles immediately in the XSI plugin.

Can you try and run that command on the trouble machine to see if it throws an error? We're doing the same sort of call for the other plugins, but now that I'm remembering, it should only sync a *folder* and not a specific file name. If the first errors, try running this:

Code: Select all

"C:\Program Files\Thinkbox\Deadline9\bin\deadlinecommand" -getrepositorypath submission/Softimage/Main/

Update: Ran this by a developer and confirmed the use of the filename is causing the trouble here. I've created a git issue and looped this forum thread in so I'll know when it's done. This should have affected every version of Deadline since 8.0 beta, but only when using the Proxy.
Edwin Amsler
Head of Support
Thinkbox Software Inc
1-866-419-0283 ext 804

Winnipeg

mirkoj

Postby mirkoj » Mon May 01, 2017 2:21 pm

So it is only proxy repository affected then.
Thanks for looking into it.

mirkoj

Postby mirkoj » Fri May 19, 2017 7:01 am

I can confirm that issue is fixed in 9.0.3.0 version
All working fine
Thanks!

Return to “Thinkbox Software - Deadline”