AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

SI script issue

I’ve installed submission script for SI, it fires up normally but clicking on submit don’t do anything at all.
Other scripts works fine, and also this one works on SI on another computer.
I was thinking to go in remove all script parts from current installation and run it again if that could help just couldn’t find everything that installer puts in to remove from SI and then to run installer again.
Short version to clean up submitter script from SI and do clean install.

SI = SoftImage aka XSI?

I’ll see if I can test, but which version of Deadline are you on?

9.0.1.1 at the moment.
But the thing is it is working on other computers. Just don’t fire up on this one.
So figured to clean it up and try installing submission script again just to remove all traces of it first

Ok my main machine went nuts last night so reseted win10 completely, all new installations now.
And again same issue.
To put it again, Maya and Houdini scripts are working fine.
Only Softimage one is not working.
It fires up, all settings are there, concurrent tasks and whole menu.
Just after clicking Submit to Deadline from script window it does nothing. Button is pressed but absolutely nothing happens.

Thinking to try manually putting all Softimage script files where are needed to try that out?

I’m sure there’s some exception being thrown inside the submission script. I’m just rusty enough with SoftImage that I don’t remember if it has a Python console to speak of.

After a bit of digging, it doesn’t seem to be the case. I’ll continue looking to see how we debug this kind of thing.

I should have asked this before, but are you using XSI 2015? I have to assume it is, but I’m just making sure if I ask the integration team to take a look that they’re using the right one.

Yes softimage 2015 sp2

And it is really weird because it is fresh win install, fresh si install, same process as always and suddenly it is not working any more, but on other machines all good.

One difference is that this particular machine is assessing repository over proxy, but so are maya and houdini as well and they are working even on this machine, only XSI plugin is not.

After clicking submit in XSI and nothing happens, please open the “script editor/console” window in XSI and share the full contents of the console as it should contain an exception message/stacktrace.

This is what I get when I start script and when deadline GUI appears:

’ INFO : [‘none’, ‘none’, ‘gpuoven’, ‘gpuoven’]
’ INFO : Script file: Error: Cannot create “C:\Users\mirko\AppData\Local\Thinkbox\Deadline9\cache\LGRDoVk6qJgqUizc3W1WSY6ujLY\submission\Softimage\Main\SoftimageToDeadlineLogic.py” because a file or directory with the same name already exists. (System.IO.IOException)
’ INFO : Script Logic File Not Found

But nothing else appears when clicking Submit to Deadline after that.

Hi,
Please can you try the following:

1. Please open up Deadline Monitor or any other Deadline client app on this troublesome machine and validate via the “Help -> About” dialog that you are indeed running 9.0.1.1 on this particaulr machine. If not, please uninstall and reinstall the Deadline client software on this one machine.

2. Do the following:
    (i) Ensure ALL Deadline apps are closed and the machine has been rebooted.
    (ii) Please navigate to this directory: “C:\Users\mirko\AppData\Local\Thinkbox\Deadline9\cache” and delete everything under this “cache” directory.
    (iii) Open up XSI and try again. Any different error message in Script Console in XSI now?

all slaves and repository are updated ro 9.0.20 100%
And this is fresh install so definitely good version.

Cleared cache beore as well didn’t help but I didn’t get message so here it is now:

’ INFO : Script file: Error: Cannot create “C:\Users\mirko\AppData\Local\Thinkbox\Deadline9\cache\LGRDoVk6qJgqUizc3W1WSY6ujLY\submission\Softimage\Main\SoftimageToDeadlineLogic.py” because a file or directory with the same name already exists. (System.IO.IOException)
’ INFO : Script Logic File Not Found

And I did delete cache folder it got created as soon as I fired up XSI :slight_smile:
It delete all folders again and there are all those .py and .pyc scripts in there again

sry for bugging but it is really weird… gonna try reinstalling client all again.

edit:
Weird. Now it seems that this other machine also on proxy is not submitting as well.
Could it be some issue with softimage submit script and being on proxy repository?
Just tested machine that is not on proxy but on local repository and it works fine.
Now thinking I’m not sure but it could be that issue appears after upgrading to 9.0.20 after being on version before… can’t be 100% sure but there is pretty high possibility. Any chance for issue between two versions?
Will try on all machines with local proxy and again with all on remote proxy just to confirm difference.

INFO : Script file: Error: Cannot create “C:\Users\mirkoj\AppData\Local\Thinkbox\Deadline9\cache\LGRDoVk6qJgqUizc3W1WSY6ujLY\submission\Softimage\Main\SoftimageToDeadlineLogic.py” because a file or directory with the same name already exists. (System.IO.IOException)

INFO : Script Logic File Not Found

Has the machine running the Deadline Proxy Server been upgraded and also restarted?

Yes all machines are upgraded everything is god. Identical setup and submitter works for houdini maya and blender… but not for softimage.
And other machines on network works for softiamge as well.
I;ve deleted all think box folders after uninstillation, reinstalled client and getting same message as soon as submit to deadline in softimage gui starts.

And that is only this machine, got one more machine that is connected over proxy and that one also works, so really out of ideas here.

• everything is updated to same Deadline 9.0.20 version 100%
  • got even clean windows installation
  • reinstalled submitter…

other machines submit for SI works perfectly this one is not reacting at all.
Guess will use others for now till some other complete windows reinsatllation I guess…
Here is also screenshot of versions. There are 6 machines, each running 2 slaves with GPu affinities setup (2 GPUs per slave)
2017-04-28_195217.jpg

So, I did a little bit of digging this morning and I’m not sure why DeadlineCommand would be complaining about a file already existing. It should either use what’s already there or overwrite it and not care. Here’s what the submitter is running under the hood that seems to be failing:

"C:\Program Files\Thinkbox\Deadline9\bin\deadlinecommand" -getrepositorypath submission/Softimage/Main/SoftimageToDeadline.py

Also, because it’s being accessed from an app, any file handles should close as soon as it closes and we’re closing any file handles immediately in the XSI plugin.

Can you try and run that command on the trouble machine to see if it throws an error? We’re doing the same sort of call for the other plugins, but now that I’m remembering, it should only sync a folder and not a specific file name. If the first errors, try running this:

"C:\Program Files\Thinkbox\Deadline9\bin\deadlinecommand" -getrepositorypath submission/Softimage/Main/

Update: Ran this by a developer and confirmed the use of the filename is causing the trouble here. I’ve created a git issue and looped this forum thread in so I’ll know when it’s done. This should have affected every version of Deadline since 8.0 beta, but only when using the Proxy.

So it is only proxy repository affected then.
Thanks for looking into it.

I can confirm that issue is fixed in 9.0.3.0 version
All working fine
Thanks!

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences