AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

VRay Elements naming error

Hi,

We are having a recurrence of an old problem when submitting to Deadline 9.0.2. It appears that Deadline is messing up the render elements filename on submission and subsequently can’t find any of the files when it tries to copy them back to the server after completing a task. I’ve included a screengrab of the way it appears in when you right click on a task to view the output,

deadlinemonitor_2017-04-28_17-37-08.png

it looks like it’s adding in the element name twice. This then means i get the below messages when trying to find the render elements:

Any help you could give us on fixing this would be great!

Thanks

Nick

To clarify my rushed post (its 6pm on a Friday…) the filename should look something like:

SQ001_SH0070_shipRender_v003.VRayZDepth.1249.exr

not:

SQ001_SH0070_shipRender_v003_VRayZDepth.VRayZDepth.1249.exr

Thanks

Nick

Can you show us what options you have enabled in the “Pathing Options” in SMTD? These will control what your render output file naming convention looks like: docs.thinkboxsoftware.com/produc … ng-options

More than likely, you have one too many of the “Include RE…” options enabled.

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the quick response, it looks like the default is to have ‘Include RE Name in Filenames’ but I think that clashes with VRay. I’ll do some more tests when I’m back in the office next weeks.

Thanks

Nick

Correct, by default, this setting is enabled, to protect users from creating RE’s which just end up overwriting each other at render time. You can uncheck this setting and indeed, use the default/sticky INI system to globally control all these settings to your liking/studio pipeline standard:
docs.thinkboxsoftware.com/produc … y-defaults

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences