AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

Houdini submit dialog size?

Hi
Is it possible to make the Houdini submit dialog size and layout sticky?
I’ve hardcoded in some other values in the “SubmitHoudiniToDeadline.ui” file but it would be great if layout and tab folding was actually remembered from the previous submission. Any secret setting i have missed?

Deadline 9.0.2.0
Houdini 16.0.577

-b

I don’t think that we’re storing the sizes or panel layout anywhere. Can you think of any issues that might come up from remembering the window size? Just curious if someone could bite themselves because we remembered the last settings.

I’ll throw it in as a feature request anyway, but I thought I’d flesh it out in case there’s something we should take into account.

Also, I’m not sure if we do this in any other submitters, so I may bump into consistency concerns.

Hi
It depends on from what side of the table you are viewing this :slight_smile:
As it is now i’m submitting Redshift jobs from H like 20 times a day. My hard coded values makes it quite a lot easier to fire of jobs when the layout is Redshift centric. If you are submitting jobs to a different render every time, then the sticky layout doesn’t really make sense.

-b

PS
It seems that the Redshift section in the H submitter does not remember previous values. Is this also on purpose? Settings in the main H section does.

I think we likely forgot to add the Redshift settings when we built the UI. I’ve filed that one too and poked about saving the UI again.

Thanks. While we are talking about the Redshift submitter in H, it would be great if you could add “Concurrent Tasks” in the Redshift section. As it is now “Concurrent Tasks” is set to 1 regardless off what you set in “GPU’s Per Task”. Slaves only render 1 concurrent taks until you change this value in the Job Properties General Tab.

-b

It’s forum threads like this that make me wish users could submit their own developer issues :smiley:

I’ll put that in as a request as well. We might want to re-title this thread as “Houdini Improvements for 9.0”!

Sorry about that :slight_smile:
Yes you should definitely consider setting up a bug + request-for-feature-enhancement reporting system for users.

-b

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences