AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

After Effect - Save in Subfolder

Hello,

whenever I use the Save in subfolder feature when setting my Output to path in After Effect, it results into a warning when the submission script is executed (basically saying the folder doesn’t exist and asking if I want to submit anyway), and then when rendering, Deadline return errors about not finding the output directory.

The Save in Subfolder feature seem to work just fine when launching the project directly in command-line, outside of Deadline (it automatically creates the missing folder when it starts rendering), so I assume the limitation is coming from Deadline itself.

Any idea how to use the Save in subfolder feature within Deadline?

Thank you

Hi,
Do you mean the “Use Subfolders” checkbox option here in our AE in-app submitter?
docs.thinkboxsoftware.com/produc … layers.png

If so or not, could you share some screen-grabs of the setting you are referring to as well as an example of the sub-dir output settings you are using. I think that will help us narrow down this issue for you.

A Deadline error log report saved from the failing AE job via Deadline Monitor would be handy as well:
docs.thinkboxsoftware.com/produc … nd-history

Thanks!

Hey Mike,

the setting I’m referring to is right at the Output Movie To dialog box in the Render Queue of After Effect. I think it appeared for the first time right after CS6.

This feature saves us to manually create a new folder for each image sequence. Here’s a screenshot:

and attached is the following error in Deadline:

Thxs
Job_2017-05-10_06-10-09_5912e6ff202ae413f4a6ec00.txt (7.17 KB)

Cool. Thanks for the notes. Looks like we just need to add support to automatically create the output directory if it doesn’t already exist at rendertime within our After Effects plugin. I’ll log a dev ticket for engineering. Thanks!

awesome, looking forward for this update.

Thxs Mike

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences