AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

Mongo Service will not start

Hello,

We’re upgrading to Deadline 9 on a new windows server 2012 headnode. I cannot callout to the internet from this server and am installing the mongo database manually. I followed step by step from: docs.thinkboxsoftware.com/produc … -ref-label. I’ve compared the setup to my old repository and everything looks good as far as how it’s setup. When trying to start the service I get : Windows could not start the Deadline 9 Database Service service on local computer. Error 1053: The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion.

Any thoughts?

I’ve seen problems with certain flavours of Windows Server 2012. One example is Windows Web Server 2012 R2 which was missing some Kernel32 functions.

Can you try double-clicking on “C:\DeadlineDatabase9\mongo\application\bin\mongod”. It may throw up an error about that missing function. If not, can you send the database log? It’s close to mongod at “C:\DeadlineDatabase9\mongo\data\logs\log.txt”.

Edwin,

I think you solved it while showing my stupidity at the same time. I had not manually created a log folder all though I specified it in the config file.
I remember now while reading some of the mongo forums that the service would not create any form of file structure for itself, and log was never one I considered.

Mongo is now running and I’m moving on to the deadline install now. Nothing to see here… :laughing:

Oh. Actually, I had no idea of that either. I’m glad you remember reading it, because that’s definitely not what I’d have thought to do.

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences