AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

Changing Frames Per Task doesn't work?

I have 2 jobs running of 3589 frames which are quite fast so I figured to compact the task size to 30 frames per task.
In previous deadline versions this would reset a few frames and then I’d see less tasks in the monitor.

With dl9 this doesn’t happen, I still see the same number of tasks while it seems that the new setting is committed (when I re-open the job frame range it shows 30 frames per task)
Even after suspending and resuming the job the task list is still per-frame

guess that’s not how it should be ?

First, state the exact version of Deadline you are running.
Second, check to see if the frames are consecutive. If your 3ds Max render dialog was set to render Every Nth Frame, e.g. 2, the chunking will not work. If the frame range is consecutive, but reordered using the SMTD out of order settings, the chunking might still work.

sorry about that, running 9.0.2.0
added it now to the signature as I’m spamming the forum a bit these days as it’s crunch time again and stuff pops up then :slight_smile:

This one is probably my bad, I would have sworn that in the past it worked when I’d submit a job that starts at the beginning, middle & end and change the Frames per Task in de monitor… but it also makes sense that doesn’t work.

In this particular job I used the beginning-middle-end order and had a preview job of 10 frames. so there’s nothing sequential left.
Tried a sequence from 0-100 and changed the Frames per Task there… it only does it when it submitted from beginning - end.
when it’s beg-mid-end then it only merges 2 frame sets (so a job of 101 tasks becomes 99)

In other words… my holiday in between project has confused my deadline experience memories… sorry
I think it’s best to remove this thread :slight_smile:

I would rather leave it, as it contains useful info. I had to go back and test in Deadline myself, so I learned something, too :slight_smile:

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences