AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

Deadline + Shotgun + Ryzen = Crashes

Hi Guys,

I’ve stumbled upon something that breaks my workflow and even with a lot of ideas from support over the email and month of trying we were not able to figure out how to fix that.

Basically If I use any kind of Shotgun integration inside Deadline, it crashes. This is what I can pull out of event log:

[code]Application: deadlinemonitor.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.Runtime.InteropServices.SEHException
at Python.Runtime.Runtime.PyObject_Call(IntPtr, IntPtr, IntPtr)
at Python.Runtime.Dispatcher.TrueDispatch(System.Collections.ArrayList)
at Python.Runtime.Dispatcher.Dispatch(System.Collections.ArrayList)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object)
at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart(System.Object)

[/code]

Faulting application name: deadlinemonitor.exe, version: 9.0.2.0, time stamp: 0x58f67b40 Faulting module name: _ssl.pyd, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x56fec841 Exception code: 0xc000001d Fault offset: 0x00000000001626a8 Faulting process id: 0x2cb4 Faulting application start time: 0x01d2cb52019fb4dc Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Thinkbox\Deadline9\bin\deadlinemonitor.exe Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\Thinkbox\Deadline9\bin\DLLs\_ssl.pyd Report Id: a7e84b31-1494-4c50-95de-7b54707fb240 Faulting package full name: Faulting package-relative application ID:

I tried so many things already, even going with clean install of windows and all the software. I even performed magic dance with no use :wink:

It happens only on one new workstation. Build on Ryzen 1700X, which is kind of new, and my understanding is that there might be something broken in Deadline in that specific configuration.

Any ideas what I should try next ? Maybe someone already had similar issues with Ryzen and solved it ?

Any help would be appreciated, since though this workstation is great, I can’t work with Deadline Shotgun events, but shotgun integrations alone work great.

Best,
Tomasz

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences