AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

Refresh Rate Deadline 8.0

Hello,

I seem to have a problem with Deadline where the refresh rate doesn’t work. The refresh rate seems to be very off. In order to see the most up to date jobs in que, I have to manually close deadline and then open it. I have to do this 10 times a day. Does anyone have any solutions to this ? I checked our server where our repository is connected and the server can slow down. The server that’s it on currently is fine on a daily basis, and we had automation on this server which hit the server hard. Those automation since have been moved to a different server. I have checked manual refresh even adjusted the refresh to 1 sec on performance settings > auto adjust. I set it to 200 slaves on the farm, and its’ 30 seconds per update for all options within auto adjust. So I don’t understand why the refresh rate doesn’t work at all.

I know older versions of 8.0 had issues with this when using the Proxy. Which specific version of 8.0 are you on? You can upgrade, but you’ll have to e-mail either support@thinkboxsoftware.com to get the download link.

I don’t remember the details, but I do know that the way the Monitor refreshes itself is by pulling all new data since the last time it polled. We worked out some of the old bugs like if the database server’s clock was set way in the past, but I think this bug may have cropped back up with the data model when going over the Proxy. I believe that’s what we fixed, but it’s been long enough now that I’m not 100% if that was the cause.

In any event, upgrading won’t hurt if you’re on a version prior to service pack 17 (8.0.17).

Thank you for the reply. We are looking into updating to Deadline 9 to see if this will help solve the refresh rate.

Sounds good. It will definitely help Proxy file performance if you are actually using it.

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences