AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

Maya + V-Ray 3.52: Could not evaluate output path using vrayTransformFilename

Hello,

Using maya 2017 Update 3 and deadline 9.0.0.18 Release problem submitting maya scene with vray renderer.

The error is:

It’s doesn’t like the variable “” parameter in the output path. It still renders ok but in deadline I nolonger have the option to explorer the output path of the current render? If I remove “<layer.” it’s good but this creates a nightmare for multiple layers.

please help

Jeremy

So, I just confirmed this bug with V-Ray 3.52.2 yesterday. Right now, I think the only solution is to downgrade V-Ray, but I’ll push the dev team on this. It’s already flagged as high priority.

Okay, so it looks like Chaos Group changed the vrayTransformFilename() function and we just needed to patch it. Here’s how you too can fix this for yourselves (we’ll have this out in the next SP):

Find line 627 of “[repo]/submission/Maya/Main/SubmitMayaToDeadline.mel”. The line may be different for your version, but it should look like this:

if( !catchQuiet( eval( "vrayTransformFilename( \"\", \"\", \"\", 0, 0 )" ) ) )

You’ll have to replace it with this larger block:

if( !catchQuiet( eval( "vrayTransformFilename( \"\", \"\", \"\", 0, 0, 0 )" ) ) )
			{
				// Vray strips off all extensions in the scene name when replacing the <Scene> tag.
				string $sceneName = GetStrippedSceneFileName();

$prefix = eval( "vrayTransformFilename( \"" + $prefix + "\", \"" + $cameraName + "\", \"" + $sceneName + "\", 0, 0, 0 )" );
			}
			else if( !catchQuiet( eval( "vrayTransformFilename( \"\", \"\", \"\", 0, 0 )" ) ) )

What this will do is try to use the new variant of the function, then fall back to the older one if it fails.

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences