AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

Custom plugin Submit menu item

I’m trying to get a custom submit plugin implemented but I can’t figure out how to get it to show up in the Monitor Submit menu to actually run it. I must be missing something stupid but I’ve been back and forth over the docs and if it’s there, I keep missing it.

I’ve got the .py, .ico, .param, and .options files in a dir under custom/plugins/and it shows up in the Configure Plugins dialog (it is a different name from any existing one). I can set defaults for my params here as expected. The docs say that there should be an “enabled” check box in the panel (a little below docs.thinkboxsoftware.com/produc … param-file), but I don’t see that on mine or any of the built-in ones so maybe that’s out of date?

I thought I’d probably see something in the Configure Script Menus dialog under the Submission Scripts choice, but I’m not seeing it there.

I tried copying the Octane plugin dir from plugins into custom/plugins and renaming the dir and files “Octane2” and I get the same result, so I assume it’s not something I’ve missed in the content of the files.

I don’t see any errors in the Monitor console.

Any idea what I’ve missed?

Thanks,
Matt

You need to make submitter script that uses the plugin that you’ve made. Should be in “your_repo\custom\scripts\Submission\YourMenu.py”

docs.thinkboxsoftware.com/produc … ripts.html

Hi Matt,

The key thing here is the “2nd half” of the story when it comes to making your own custom plugin in Deadline. The “plugin” part sounds like you have all covered now. To submit via Deadline Monitor, then you will need to copy/hack/create your own custom monitor submitter script. All our std, shipping ones are stored here:

.../<your_repo>/scripts/submission/

and explained in our Scripting API docs here:
docs.thinkboxsoftware.com/produc … on-scripts

So, you would take a copy say, of one of the above monitor submitters and copy that into:

.../<your_repo>/custom/scripts/submission/

Note, the NEW “Enabled” plugin checkbox is new to Deadline 9.0.3.0, so I believe our docs are up to date, perhaps you are running a slightly older version of DL9? (In which case, don’t worry about that checkbox as it won’t yet exist for you!)

EDIT: Another forum user has already helped here! Awesome! I’ll leave my post here anyway for fun. :smiley:

Yep, that was it. And yes, I haven’t updated to the very latest 9.0 so that would explain why I’m not seeing the checkbox, I didn’t realize that had just been added.

Thanks for the help!

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences