AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

[feature request] job right click option: get mongo document

We often need to troubleshoot jobs, especially with limits / stubs etc.
Would be great to have a panel in the job properties that would show you the mongo db document for the job as is currently, so we could see what limits are in the db at the moment, etc

Well, the database schema is supposed to be a secret and subject to unexpected and incompatible change (at least between major versions). Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain Laszlo!

The schema is also decoded into C# objects by the MongoDB middleware for us, so the Deadline code actually can’t see the schema directly. At least, as far as my personal projects using MongoDB have taught me. Jon’ll likely correct me here.

I think what might be more helpful would be to optionally not filter the job limits out of the limits panel. I don’t know if that’s the best idea performance-wise or if all of the limits are actually in the Monitor’s memory cache, but if that sounds like a possible solution, I can dig into that.

Well, maybe it would help… but i think it would be useful to get the raw documents related to a job, even if the schema could change. This would be a high level debugging tool.

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences