AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

Off-Load - Corona

Hi,

We are doing some test with Corona and Deadline. Can someone tell me if there is possible to use the Off-Load option?

Tanks!

Currently not possible, but its on the wishlist with a few others asking for it. LMK what studio you work for, so I can add you to the list, which helps promote its priority. IIRC, this is technically possible but perhaps only with the 3dsmax plugin. I doubt we will be able to get the 3dsCmd plugin to work here.

Thanks Mike! Just sent you a PM.

Best Regards,
George

Hi Mike,

I’m just checking if there is any new development regarding the corona off load…

Is that a feature that we could expect to get at some point?

Is there some kind of workaround or scripting we could do to be able to send a job to the queue with a master corona renderer and some blades attached to it?

Thanks!

Chris

I have done a lot of unsuccessful testing with this. I will be looking into 1.7 and deadline10 but I expect similar unsuccessful results. Any work from Thinkbox on this?

J.

No work on off-load at the moment. I’ve added your plus one to the tracking issue on our side.

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your feedback on the topic.’

I’m curious to know if some of your clients managed to implement some workaround to get something close to the off load working?

Thanks!

Chris

Not much help there either unfortunately in that I’m not aware of any customers who’ve been able to hack something together. I checked the internal issue and it’s not explained how it could be done so I’ve asked for some elaboration so at least I can steer folks who are willing to get their hands dirty.

Thanks guys!

I was looking at the deadline corona DR submitter and saw that there is a “complete job after render” option.

I’m thinking about using that to eventually “replicate” the vray off load option.

Please tell me where my plan doesn’t work as I’m sure that you already thought about that:
-I would create a group on Deadline that include the computer(s) that I would like to run as master computer
-I would create a group on Deadline that include the computer(s) that I would like to run as slaves
-I’d like to write a script that uses the Corona DR functions without loading any UI. This script would request X number of DR blades from the slave group (or not) and enable “complete job after render”. (Edwin, do you think that this is doable?)
-I would then write a submission script which sends my 3dsmax job to the master computer group with the script pre load option on. It would obviously pre load the script which would request DR blades that I mentioned before.

These are all conjecture and I’m sure that there are plenty of things that would go wrong…

What do you guys think?

Thanks!

Chris

Well, the only way to request machines is going to be to create a separate job and have the Slaves pick it up. I may be misunderstanding how Corona communicates with multiple nodes here though, I’m still very new to Corona.

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences