Custom Submission - Change Default Pool/Group/Machine Limit?

Discussion and Support of Deadline, the Render Management System
delineator

Custom Submission - Change Default Pool/Group/Machine Limit?

Postby delineator » Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:24 pm

Quick question (probably) - I'm trying to create a few submission scripts for vrscenes and tile assembler jobs that have a majority of the field filled out for our staff. However, I just can not get anything in the "poolbox" "secondarypoolbox" "groupbox" or "machinelimitbox" to stick via the submission script. As an example, I will change the pool section to:

Code: Select all

scriptDialog.AddControlToGrid( "PoolLabel", "LabelControl", "Pool", 1, 0, "The pool that your job will be submitted to.", False )
scriptDialog.AddControlToGrid( "PoolBox", "PoolComboControl", "progressive", 1, 1 )

so that it defaults to our "progressive" pool. However, whenever I open via monitor, it will default to whatever pool I had last chosen. I suspect I'm doing something wrong or the remembered pool is somehow overriding my sub script, but I just can't figure it out. Any help would be appreciated.

MikeOwen

Re: Custom Submission - Change Default Pool/Group/Machine Limit?

Postby MikeOwen » Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:47 pm

Settings can be "sticky" between sessions, so that the last option selected is "remembered". This is controlled via these kind of lines in each py submissions script. Here's an example:

Code: Select all

settings = ( "DepartmentBox","CategoryBox","PoolBox","SecondaryPoolBox","GroupBox","PriorityBox","MachineLimitBox","IsBlacklistBox","MachineListBox","LimitGroupBox","SceneBox","FramesBox","ChunkSizeBox","ThreadsBox","WidthBox","HeightBox","OutputBox","DisplayWindowBox","AutocloseBox","displaySRGBBox","rtEngineBox","rtTimeoutBox","rtNoiseBox","rtSampleBox", "ResolutionOverrideCheck", "WidthOverrideBox", "HeightOverrideBox", "EnableParseCheck" )
    scriptDialog.LoadSettings( GetSettingsFilename(), settings )
    scriptDialog.EnabledStickySaving( settings, GetSettingsFilename() )

So, in your case, you could simply remove the "PoolBox" entry from the list above if you don't want the setting to be remembered between sessions.

Load Settings: https://docs.thinkboxsoftware.com/produ ... f8bb722f97

EnabledStickySaving: https://docs.thinkboxsoftware.com/produ ... 7a8f755003
Mike Owen
Developer
Thinkbox Software UK

delineator

Re: Custom Submission - Change Default Pool/Group/Machine Limit?

Postby delineator » Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:09 am

Perfect, exactly what I needed. This was one of the last few hurdles I had to overcome.

Return to “Thinkbox Software - Deadline”