AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

Maya Job Output Paths

Hi,

We’re having a funny issue where we’re not getting the option to explore the output path or view task images for Mayabatch jobs. I’m sure it’s something we’re doing but I’m not quite sure how to resolve it.

Within Maya we are setting the project path as an absolute, then the image folder is relative to that and we’re also using the variable in the file name prefix to nest the individual render layers in their own folder, see below.

project path - “//SLSVR/WORK/*/SQ003/SHOTS/SQ003_SH0080/Render/maya/”
Images - “…/…/OUTPUTS/Render/maya/Render/v002/”
image name prefix = “/SQ003_SH0080_Render__v002”

This renders fine on the renderfarm but we get no options to explore the output or view the images for the individual task. In the MayaBatch Properties the paths appear as:

Output File Path - “//SLSVR/WORK//SEQUENCES/SQ003/SHOTS/SQ003_SH0080/Render/maya/…/…/OUTPUTS/Render/maya/Render/v002/"
Output File Prefix - “/SQ003_SH0080_Render__v002”
Project Path - "//SLSVR/WORK/
/SEQUENCES/SQ003/SHOTS/SQ003_SH0080/Render/maya”

I’m guessing this isn’t working either because of the “…/” or because we have “/” in the Output File Prefix (we couldn’t seem to get this working if it was in the ‘Images’ path on the project). Should this work? Or is there a better way to achieve the same result that allows us to explore the paths from Deadline still?

Thanks

Nick

Hmm. The Monitor should understand the “…” part of a path. The big part of whether or not it will show the “explore output” option is if the job properties have the output path provided. Anything on the plugin properties are only for the script. Here’s an example on my side:

Plugin=Blender
Frames=1-150
MachineName=EdwinComp
OutputDirectory0=C:\Users\amsler\Downloads\Output\Blender
OutputFilename0=Out####.png
UserName=edwin

The magic happens because of “OutputDirectory0” and “OutputFilename0”. Note that it won’t check if that path is valid, so I’m assuming the submission plugin is just not supplying that information. Normally that’ll happen if you submit from the Monitor since we can’t do the scene introspection to grab file names (though we should be able to use the output override if it was specified).

How are you going about submitting those MayaBatch jobs?

We’re submitting from within Maya. There’s no OutputDirectory0 or OutputFilename0 in the Job Info Parameters. In the Plugin Info Parameters it has:

OutputFilePath=//SLSVR/WORK//SEQUENCES/SQ003/SHOTS/SQ003_SH0080/Render/maya/…/…/OUTPUTS/Render/maya/Render/v002/
OutputFilePrefix=/SQ003_SH0080_Render__v002
ProjectPath=//SLSVR/WORK/
/SEQUENCES/SQ003/SHOTS/SQ003_SH0080/Render/maya

Thanks

Nick

Hmm. I may not be doing this right. Here’s my settings:

The output paths seem okay:

Blacklist=
EventOptIns=
Frames=1
MachineName=support-01
Name=Test S
OutputDirectory0=C:\Users\Edwin\Documents\maya\projects\default\images\masterLayer
OutputFilename0=Boopsie7_masterLayer_v007.png
OverrideTaskExtraInfoNames=False
Plugin=MayaBatch
Region=
ScheduledStartDateTime=19/07/2017 10:30
UserName=edwin

Could you send me a scene set up with a box or something since I cannot be trusted to reproduce?

Our images path is outside the project folder. Although I’ve changed that and it doesn’t seem to change it. We’re using Maya 2017 Update 3 with V-Ray 3.6 for Maya (a nightly build) so maybe that is a contributing factor. We’re also ignoring the masterLayer as we’ve got our own in the file.

I’ve attached a file that doesn’t have the explore output paths option when submitted to Deadline.

Thanks

Nick
Maya_Paths.zip (14.6 KB)

Well, now I’m super confused.

I extracted the file to a folder, opened it in Maya 2017 Update 3, changed the project path to the SCENE folder in my downloads and it’s working over here:

BatchName=Scene
Blacklist=
EventOptIns=
Frames=1-10
MachineName=support-01
Name=Scene - CUT_01
OutputDirectory0=C:\Users\Edwin\Downloads\Maya_Paths\Maya_Paths\SCENE\..\OUTPUTS\v001\CUT_01
OutputFilename0=Test_CUT_01_v001.####.exr
OverrideTaskExtraInfoNames=False
Plugin=MayaBatch
Region=
ScheduledStartDateTime=20/07/2017 14:31
UserName=edwin

This was tested with Deadline 9.0 SP5 and no customer submitter code.

Hey Nick,

A little while back (blanking on the exact version) V-Ray changed the signature of vrayTransformFilename which was causing it to fail to properly pull the output paths from V-ray. I believe the fix for this was added in 9.0.4 so any more recent version should work. If you are still running in to an issue with a later version of Deadline please let us know.

Grant

Hi Grant,

I’ll try the update once we’ve cleared this project. Don’t want to mess with the farm as we’re in the last couple of weeks!

Thanks

Nick

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences