AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

Jigsaw region with comp over previous and multi layered EXRs.

Hello,

This seems to have some problems;

• Difference in colour for the RGB channel
  • All other layers not aligned properly

I am using Corona here, not sure if it is the same with other renderers.

Best,

Josh.

Hey Josh,

Would you be willing to send us a test scene for testing? Also, the usual Deadline version and steps to reproduce would be handy.

Not sure the cause offhand here, so some investigating will be needed. It’s weird the RGB was aligned and the other channels weren’t.

FYI. This bug was fixed in 9.0.5.0:

• Fixed a bug in Jigsaw’s tile size calculations that could result in rows of black pixels between tiles under specific conditions.

so, if your not running at least this version, using 3ds Max and Jigsaw, then I would try an upgrade and test again. Might be unrelated…

Hi Edwin, Mike,

Thanks for responding. Scene attached. I am using Deadline 9.0.6.1

To reproduce;

• job #1 - render scene to layered EXR
  • job #2 - render a jigsaw crop with “compose over PREVIOUS OUTPUT image” selected

I am actually interested in rendering to Corona’s CXR which isn’t a format that Draft will accept however first things first I wanted to see what happened with a layered EXR. We don’t really use layered EXRs.

Please let me know if anything isn’t clear.

Best,

Josh.
CORONA-speaker_knobs-anisotropic05.zip (1.14 MB)

Hi,
I have a similar problem with colors using VFB. I save the exr files with settings from VFB, then the region I want to swap in jigsaw I also have with “save VFB color corrections to RGB channel” enabled. If I disable saving from VFB settings for the region to the exr file there is also a color difference. I render using a single worker. I am using Deadline 10.1.23.6.

@bzyk_byk We would need more information on this to investigate the issue. Could you be able to share the logs from the VFB job which is showing the color differences? Here is how you can get the Job Reports. Also I would like you to isolate the submission from Deadline and see if you run into the same error.

You can also open a support ticket with us if the logs may have sensitive information.

Hello @karpreet,
I was submit a ticket. Let me know once you know more details.

Best,
Kamil

Hello @karpreet ,
request number 110599.

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences