AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

Default Pools per User

We have a couple teams working with Deadline 9 for both Maya and SoftImage. Each team has one or two pools set up for their use.

My team is using SoftImage, and for some reason, the pool drop down menu always defaults to “none” and we have to select our pool every time unless there was a previous submission. If you forget, like I did last night, the default is “none” and NONE of my renders kicked off.

I would like to know how, we can set a pool to always be the default in the drop down instead of “'none”.

Thanks in advance,

Eric

I think you’re looking to change repo/submission/Softimage/Main/SoftimageToDeadline.py and the following line (change the “none” to what ever pool it is you want)

defaultPool = SoftimageToDeadlineFunctions.GetDefaultItem(poolsComboItems,"none") 

Or you could do custom sanity check script that changes pool if it’s none, which I think would be the more elegant option and save you from doing changes on the SoftimageToDeadline.py every time you update deadline minor version.
docs.thinkboxsoftware.com/produ … ty%20Check

The only downside with hard coding is there would need to be logic for each department.

We normally call this feature “sticky settings” where the pools or groups are remembered either by storing the information in the scene file or in a per-user, per-machine setting file.

I took a look inside the SoftImage submitter and it definitely isn’t implemented here yet. I’ll add it as a feature request, but I’m not sure on an ETA of that.

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences