AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

Adding more options to Project Management

Okay, I am sure that this is a total newbie question, but I have been digging through the documentation and our repo for over thirty minutes trying to find a solution.

I want to add another option to the Project Management dropdown. I have been poking around, and I cannot figure out how to do this. For some reason, Shotgun is the only option the user can choose, which makes sense in our studio because that is what we use. I do see some event plugins for FTrack and NIM. Is the solution as simple as enabling the plugins somewhere?
projectManagement.PNG

Well, I guess to start I should warn that the project management system was re-vamped in 9 so that one dialog could be shared everywhere so if you’re on an older version this could change.

In Deadline 9 we have this list at the top of the submitter and a function call to inject the tab:

ProjectManagementOptions = ["Shotgun","FTrack","NIM"]
    integration_dialog.AddIntegrationTabs( scriptDialog, "MayaMonitor", DraftRequested, ProjectManagementOptions, failOnNoTabs=False )

That’s being loaded in from here:

imp.load_source( 'IntegrationUI', RepositoryUtils.GetRepositoryFilePath( "submission/Integration/Main/IntegrationUI.py", True ) )

Going to that script, it seems we’re loading Shotgun from here:

if "Shotgun" in projectManagements:
            print( "Importing Shotgun" )
            shotgunUIPath = RepositoryUtils.GetRepositoryPath( "events/Shotgun", True )
            sys.path.append( shotgunUIPath )
            import ShotgunUI

self.projectManagement_dialogs["Shotgun"] = ShotgunUI.ShotgunDialog( parentAppName, self.fromDraftSubmitter )

And that script seems to be where Shotgun is coming from.

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences