AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

deadline source file

What is the best way to retrieve the filepath of the original source file? I know job.JobName gives me the name of the deadline Job title. However I would like to get the original source files path.

For example if say i sent a max file to deadline is there a way i can find that filepath name from within a deadline event?

Depending on plugin you can use either

or

or

These will get you the whole path for the render source file.
You can check which one to use from monitor “Job Detail” tab under “YourProgram Properties

Yup! “SceneFile” is usually the name we give to it. Note that if the scene file was submitted with the job you’ll need to get the Auxiliary folder path.

Here’s a snippet from MayaBatch.py:

sceneFilename = self.GetPluginInfoEntryWithDefault( "SceneFile", self.GetDataFilename() )

The GetDataFilename() will pull the very first auxiliary that was submitted with the job which is usually the scene file.

This returns the deadline location. I want the original location of where it came from. The workstation computer path.

Deadline has no idea where the .MAX file came from, unless in SMTD you used the option to Reuse Existing Path. In that case the .MAX scene file will be referenced via the SceneFile= key and value. However, the .MAX file must be somewhere on the network where the Slaves can see it, not on the artist’s workstation.

When the MAX file is on the artist’s workstation, SMTD must be set to “Save And Submit…” mode, and the original location is not used at all. The scene loaded in 3ds Max gets saved to a temp. folder, and then added as auxiliary file to the job.

A workaround would be to encode the name of the workstation and the local path of the .MAX file as additional custom Plugin Info File key value that you can then parse from your Python script… This assumes you are using a custom submitter, of course…

yeah i’ll just pass the source filepath as an extraJobInfo and use that.

I’ve never used the key/value pairing stuff. I glanced at it before. I just know how to use the extraJobInfo stuff and it seemed quicker at the time to use.

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences