AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

Maya- PrePython Script before rendering file

Hello,
I am becoming familiar with deadline bit by bit as we have started using it in our pipeline. But i was curious if its possible to have a python script run on the maya file at render time.

Maya files can have embeded pre-render mel scripts in the file itself. But i’d like to apply a script via deadline to be applied to the maya file before it renders. Is that possible?

The Maya Script Job seems to only run the script i give it but not actually render afterwards.
Even if its a simple:

print "Hello World"

python script.

Any tips or is this a feature not possible?

Sounds like you are looking for a JobPreLoad script. This is a script that the slave will execute before loading a job for a specific plugin such as Maya.

Take a look at our docs here on how to create one.
https://docs.thinkboxsoftware.com/products/deadline/10.0/1_User%20Manual/manual/application-plugins.html#jobpreload-py

We also have pre and post job/task scripts.
https://docs.thinkboxsoftware.com/products/deadline/10.0/1_User%20Manual/manual/job-scripts.html

Regards,

Charles

I believe this gives me some good insight. However I am wonder if this is being run before Maya is even loaded. if that is the case then it may not work. i need to have the script run after maya render gets called, but before the rendering process begins.

I will begin with looking into my options with this though so thank you for this.

Ah, I think Charles may not have realized you might want to run the Python script inside of Maya.

The Monitor submitter does have the ability to feed in a script here:

Now, that may not fit your workflow perfectly. Are these on-off script jobs, or will they be integral to your pipeline? If the later, I can help out making the process smoother.

And apparently we put it in the integrated submitter as well. :slight_smile:
2017-09-06 09_30_35-support-01 - Remote Desktop Connection.png

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences