AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

deadline 10 error connecting to repository?

ok… most likely this is a post-hoilday-i-missed-a-simple-thing-three-times kind of deal…

but somehow my workstation doesn’t want DL10 to work.
When running it on the main server machine I can open the monitor etc.
But when when running on the workstation I get a connection error to the repository.

I can reach the repository folder through the windows explorer.
The firewall isn’t blocking the app on either side.
Same settings used to work for DL9.

Any guess what I could have missed?

The error message gives 2 errors (i think) 1. that it can’t connect to the repository 2. it can’t connect to the mongo DB.
But I’m not sure if error 1 comes from error 2, or the other way around… or both are unrelated errors :slight_smile:

ps. it’s correct that DL10 can’t import repository settings from DL9 ?

thanks!
error.JPG

Did you setup SSL during the Repo install? If so, you need to specify the ssl cert when setting up the client. By default the cert is located in C:\DeadlineDatabase10\certs. If that directory is there then you did indeed setup SSL for the DB.

Regards,

Charles

aah, thanks Charles.
Wasn’t aware I had to copy the ssl to each node… (makes sense thou…)

other question: the deadlinewebservice. have things changed there too?

I can’t reach my custom .py script as webservice (deadline webservice is running on the server)
Also the default GetFarmStatisticsEx.py is returning a Error 503. The service is unavailable.

thanks!

So, two things there and I’ll start with the 503 error. I’ve seen that when the HTTP URL ACL used a “*” instead of “+”. Quick sanity check is to start the web server as an admin and see if it throws the same error. If that’s the case, delete the ACL and re-created it from the page in the docs:
docs.thinkboxsoftware.com/produ … eservation

For the web service script, that’s unusual. I’m assuming you’ve mirrored how you had it set up previously… What error code are you getting there? Is it 404 or 500? The web service log should help if it’s a 500 error.

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences