AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

C4D job errors

After having to restart our farm over the weekend, we are starting to get job errors on a C4D job that ran successfully the previous week. However there is one machine that seems to be rendering just fine. The problem is that I can’t pinpoint what is different about this machine. I’m posting the logs from a failed frame and a successful frame in hopes that someone here will see something I missed. Otherwise I’m continuing my investigation locally.

Thanks!

James
C4D_Job_Success.txt.txt (3.69 KB)
C4D_Job_Fail.txt.txt (153 KB)

This is a fun one!

So, after some digging the problem here seems to be that the plugin can’t find DeadlineCommand. We use it in the plugin at render time so that we can perform path mapping inside of Cinema4D. For the curious, we dump all the paths from the scene to a file called pathMapFile.txt, run DLC on it, then read the file back in.

My best guess at the moment is that the DEADLINE_PATH environment variable isn’t set correctly, so take a look and see what that’s set to.

Ahhh yes this would make sense after a restart. I’m also betting my IT department did hard shut downs which usually messes up things for the machines. I’ll check in on that, thanks Edwin!!

No problem amigo!

It’s weird, all our farm machines lost the DEADLINE_PATH system variable. No other variable was lost just that one.

Well, there was a bug in Deadline 7 that would wipe the variable during uninstall. We fix that by now checking if the variable points to the active version of Deadline before removing it. Maybe someone did some house cleaning?

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences