AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

Maya crash after successfully writing frames

We’ve just recently had a couple of jobs that have crashed V-Ray (3.6 beta) and Maya (2017) but only after it’s actually saved the frames out. For our purposes this means the job is effectively complete but it failed so held the job up. I don’t know if there’s anyway to handle this or if it’s just a Maya/V-Ray weirdness. We’re using Deadline 9.0.6.1.

Nick

There are ways to hack Deadline to abort with a ‘success’ code. Considering the success note happens within the same second as Maya exits, I’m not sure if it work work properly, but I can pull an example for you. I’m not recommending this, but you can give it a try and make your own decision. The function you’d call in the stdout handler is this:

# Self here will be an instance of ManagedProcess
self.AbortRender("Render completed", ManagedProcess.AbortLevel.Success)

Hi Edwin,

I’ll keep an eye on this then and if it starts happening we may have to do something like this. It was only on one file so it’s also possible there’s something wrong with the file itself anyway. Just thought it was a weird one.

Thanks

Nick

Agreed. Not sure at the moment on that one, but if you can figure out what triggers it I should log it.

I’m having this same problem.

I have 9 machines rendering, and 2 of them can complete a frame fine. The rest of them write the file and then fail, so they go back to the queue, and we just rerender them over and over. HELP!

Can you attach the render log here? Since it seems urgent, here’s what you’ll want to do:

1. Disable strict error checking: (may work)

docs.thinkboxsoftware.com/produ … on-options

1. Patch “[repo]/plugins/MayaBatch/MayaBatch.py” after backing it up somewhere safe:

You’ll want to add that handler, which takes some Python work… If you give me a render log and the version of Deadline you’re on (like 10.0.14) I can show you the patch needed and provide you the file.

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences