AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

Saving over Custom Event

I’ve created a custom deadline event which I can’t seem to edit and save over. We have deadline running on dozens of computers and I need to edit/save a existing custom event. The event was enabled and i changed it to disabled. However when I try to save over the file i get the following error:

Unable to save Z:\deadline9\custom\events\PSPriority\PSPriority.py
Error: The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.

How can I properly update this file. It wouldn’t seem practical if i had to shotgun deadline and all the slaves in order to update this file. Now sure what I can do here. Thanks for the help

john

I’m not sure to be honest. I don’t think I’ve seen an event have a file lock on it.

Is your file server a Windows machine? It should be possible to see how many locks there are on that file and who has them:
stackoverflow.com/a/1554071/187769

We keep experiencing issues where a python event file is being locked by render nodes on the farm. The render nodes do not appear to ever release the event file. As a result I can never save of the event script file unless i before the render nodes. Why would this be?

Hello! I am also having this same issue and just recently it became a huge ordeal as I had an non-existent type in the .param, this removed the ability for deadline users to look at job properties. The console just outputs:

2022-05-26 13:44:12:  ArgumentException: Requested value 'Type=multilinestring' was not found.
2022-05-26 13:44:12:     at System.Enum.TryParseByName(RuntimeType enumType, String originalValueString, ReadOnlySpan`1 value, Boolean ignoreCase, Boolean throwOnFailure, UInt64& result)
2022-05-26 13:44:12:     at System.Enum.TryParseInt32Enum(RuntimeType enumType, String originalValueString, ReadOnlySpan`1 value, Int32 minInclusive, Int32 maxInclusive, Boolean ignoreCase, Boolean throwOnFailure, TypeCode type, Int32& result)
2022-05-26 13:44:12:     at System.Enum.TryParse(Type enumType, String value, Boolean ignoreCase, Boolean throwOnFailure, Object& result)
2022-05-26 13:44:12:     at System.Enum.Parse(Type enumType, String value, Boolean ignoreCase)
2022-05-26 13:44:12:     at Deadline.Plugins.PluginParameterConfiguration.GetPluginParameters(String pluginParameterFilename)
2022-05-26 13:44:12:     at Deadline.Plugins.PluginSettings.BuildDefaultPluginConfiguration(String pluginName, String parameterFilename, Boolean enabled)
2022-05-26 13:44:12:     at Deadline.Plugins.PluginSettings.BuildDefaultEventPluginConfiguration(String pluginName, String parameterFilename)
2022-05-26 13:44:12:     at Deadline.StorageDB.MongoDB.MongoPluginStorage.GetEventPluginConfigurationSettings(String pluginName, Boolean invalidateCache)
2022-05-26 13:44:12:     at Deadline.Events.EventPluginStub..ctor(String eventName, DataController dataController)
2022-05-26 13:44:12:     at Deadline.Events.SandboxedEventManager.GetEventStubs(DataController dataController)

Has anyone found a solution to getting the files to not be locked constantly?

Update: This is due to how we have our Deadline install setup, it’s on a shared drive which causes the files to get locked up from having multiple workstations grabbing the same file simultaneously.

Will have to switch to moving the Repo locally on each workstation to use the event system.

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences