AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

Cinema 4D R19

I just installed Deadline 10.02.0 and noticed the R19 is not supported. Do you have a quick fix to extend the plugin configuration for the R19?

THX

+1

I am also wanting to know if there is a temp fix and when official support for r19 is expected.

Mmm. You’d have to add it to “[repo]\plugins\Cinema4D(Batch)\Cinema4D(Batch).param” you’ll see the pattern when you get there I think. :slight_smile:

It’ll be untested, but it will likely work. I’ll go poke the dev team to get that number official.

THX for the tip. I have copied the R18 lines and modified it according to the R19 paths. It works so far.

Would be great to have that.

Can you please explain that fix in more detail?

It’s pretty straightforward. There are two different render plugins for Cinema 4D. One is batch mode at “[repo]\plugins\Cinema4DBatch” and the other is a standard plugin at “[repo]\plugins\Cinema4D”. Both have param files which define what configurable parameters will be shown in the UI as well as the default value when those fields are accessed for the first time.

Each version is baked into the submitted job, so the integrated submitter within Cinema4D will handle that. You just need to make sure the plugins then have the configs required. Here’s an example that you’d see in those param files:

C4D_17_RenderExecutable]
Label=C4D 17 Executable
Category=Render Executables
CategoryOrder=0
Index=8
Type=multilinemultifilename
Default=C:\Program Files\MAXON\CINEMA 4D R17\Commandline.exe;/Applications/MAXON/CINEMA 4D R17/Commandline.app/Contents/MacOS/Commandline;C:\Program Files\Maxon\CINEMA 4D R17\CINEMA 4D 64 Bit.exe;C:\Program Files\Maxon\CINEMA 4D R17\CINEMA 4D.exe;C:\Program Files (x86)\Maxon\CINEMA 4D R17\CINEMA 4D.exe;/Applications/MAXON/CINEMA 4D R17/CINEMA 4D.app/Contents/MacOS/CINEMA 4D
Description=The path to the Cinema 4D executable file used for rendering. Enter alternative paths on separate lines.

[C4D_18_RenderExecutable]
Label=C4D 18 Executable
Category=Render Executables
CategoryOrder=0
Index=9
Type=multilinemultifilename
Default=C:\Program Files\MAXON\CINEMA 4D R18\Commandline.exe;/Applications/MAXON/CINEMA 4D R18/Commandline.app/Contents/MacOS/Commandline;C:\Program Files\Maxon\CINEMA 4D R18\CINEMA 4D 64 Bit.exe;C:\Program Files\Maxon\CINEMA 4D R18\CINEMA 4D.exe;C:\Program Files (x86)\Maxon\CINEMA 4D R18\CINEMA 4D.exe;/Applications/MAXON/CINEMA 4D R18/CINEMA 4D.app/Contents/MacOS/CINEMA 4D
Description=The path to the Cinema 4D executable file used for rendering. Enter alternative paths on separate lines.

Ok cool done. Cheers!

Is it possible, through Deadline to associate an Env Var path to a specific executable? for example I need to open C4D 19 but I need the path to the plugins folder to be different.

That’s a config option:
docs.thinkboxsoftware.com/produ … l#cinema4d

Also, doing this sort of version bumping is technically not supported: If it works, that’s great. If it’s not, we’ll all have to wait for the dev team to push an official support patch out through the normal channels.

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences