AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

Permanently disabling the 'local drive' part of the sanity check?

Hi,

I currently use Deadline at home for GPU rendering on one machine, is there any way I can permanently disable the Sanity Check warning me that my output path is not on a network drive? It’s quite a pain having it pop up every time and I can’t find an option to permanently squish it.

The Render Output Path appears to point at a LOCAL DRIVE!

Cheers,
triff

Assuming you are using 3ds Max (judging by the message text), it is rather easy to disable it.

*Navigate to your Repository folder
*Go into \submission\3dsmax\Main
*Open the file “SubmitMaxToDeadline_SanityCheck_General.ms” for editing in a text editor, or in the 3ds Max MAXScript Editor.
*Locate the line containing the message, which looks like

#(SMTD_SanityCheckFunctions.CheckForLocalDrive, #fix, "The Render Output Path appears to point at a LOCAL DRIVE!", SMTD_RepairFunctions.FixRenderOutputPath, true),

*Add – in front of it to remark it and thus deactivate. So it would look like

--#(SMTD_SanityCheckFunctions.CheckForLocalDrive, #fix, "The Render Output Path appears to point at a LOCAL DRIVE!", SMTD_RepairFunctions.FixRenderOutputPath, true),

*Save the file.
*Restart the Deadline Submitter in 3ds Max (no need to restart 3ds Max if it is already running!)

Alternatively, you can change the type of the message from #fix to #warn. A #warn type message will show a line in the Sanity Check, but will not affect the ability of the job to be submitted - if all other tests have passed, a #warn message will leave the result “green” and the sanity check will return success.

But since you don’t really care for being warned about a local path, remarking it completely using – would be the better approach.

Note that each time you reinstall or update the Deadline Repository to a new version, you will have to make the change again. Only sanity checks located in the SubmitMaxToDeadline_SanityCheck_Private.ms file won’t be touched by updates.

Awesome, thanks Bobo! All sorted now - sorry I forgot to mention where I was submitting from.

Cheers,
triff

You could also share your jobs folder on your machine and navigate to it by mapping a drive to it (assuming windows?) or via its unc:

z: mapped to --> \127.0.0.1\jobs
or \127.0.0.1\jobs

(127.0.0.1 always equals “localhost” which is your machine’s local address for itself)

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences