AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

Database/Repository Interaction Clarification

I was hoping to clarify a point I may have missed in your installation instructions.

Though the repository and database installation documentation states that the database and repository can be on different servers, if they are separated, it’s my understanding that running the database installer requires that the repository be mounted to that server to properly install the repository.

The Linux installer for instance requires the path of the repository installation as a first step.

My question is can that mount point/location just be temporary?

If the clients have access to both the repository and the database is that all that is required after installation or update of the database? Or will removing the connection between the server running the database and the mount point of the repository cause conflicts?

The sequence for a client (e.g. Launcher, Slave, Monitor, etc.) is to first find it’s own deadline.ini file. Inside that file is the NetworkRoot setting that tells the client where to find the Repository. Then the client looks in the repository/settings folder to find the connection.ini file. In there it finds settings such as Hostname and Port and so forth that tell it where to find the database. All of these can be manually configured with a text editor.

More details may be found here in the docs: docs.thinkboxsoftware.com/produ … onfig.html

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences