AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

Autoconfigure Remote Connection settings?

Is it crazy to wonder if it would be possible to setup autoconfig for remote connection setups? We’re evaluating running RCS exclusively.

Hmm. Well, we are making use of broadcasts to get auto-config working. You could run multiple Pulses on each subnets and that’d do what you need. Also, it’s been redesigned since we introduced that forever ago and now as long as the machine can connect to the DB the automatic configuration will take over the rest.

I don’t mean “remote” connections I mean “Remote Connection Server (Thinkbox Deadline RCS)” connections. :smiley: So doing exactly what you propose run a pulse on a remote subnet to corale potentially wayward VMs onto the correct settings.

Ah, that makes a lot more sense. :slight_smile:

Considering we haven’t buffed up the AutoConf to deal with the Proxy/RCS connections I’d say that’s about time. @im_thatoneguy already knows this, but for others here: The deadline.ini file is what the automatic configuration is editing when the Deadline apps start up. It’s possible to push those changes out manually, but it would need to be done before any Deadline apps start up or after they’ve shut down. Can get kinda tricky.

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences