AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

Deadline on LINUX

Hi,

We are currently “upgrading” our GPU node from Win10 to Linux.

We use Maya and Cinema 4D with Redshift.

The Cinema 4D command Line currently supports CentOS 7 and Ubuntu 14.04 LTS, are those versions ok for Deadline?

Cheers!

Yup! Most clients use one or the other. Here’s the official list though:

docs.thinkboxsoftware.com/produ … tml#client

I should note though that we don’t officially have support for C4D R19 on Linux. There was some sort of issue here we’re still looking into.

Ok, tks, can you please let me know the progress?

So far, the issue seems to be around the environment variables for C4D on Linux. If you’ve got a solution to that, it should work alright.

I’ll still look into what can be done on the Deadline side.

Ok so that’s the same problem we discussed. I think that there’s solution for linux, from the Beta:

“If your running linux or osx you might be able to place symbolic links inside your defined C4D_PLUGINS_DIR path, that in turn point to the other plugin locations. If c4d searches below the first level in the defined plugin dir it might be able to find the other dirs. This way you might get away with one plugin dir env.”

But I don’t quite understand…

It should also be possible to write a script to set those two variables.

I’d copy “/etc/profile.d/deadlineclient.sh” as “/etc/profile.d/cinema4d.sh” and change it to be relevant for C4D. Then it should just be a matter of rebooting. There is some script next to C4D in its install folder, but it uses the current working directory as a reference so copying it directly to “/etc/profile.d/” isn’t going to work unless you override “C4D_BASE”.

Is anyone here using C4D on Linux who could provide the right working paths?

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences