AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

VRay Glare/Bloom with Tile Rendering

At the moment if you render with the VRay output with Glare/Bloom you get the files saved out (but not listed in the file outputs), and if you use Tile Rendering as they aren’t listed they won’t get stitched. However doing post effects on tile regions causes seam lines between tiles as we can probably expect.

I guess this should be support just incase the user doesn’t care about the seam lines or they can work around it?

I would rather consider it “Not Supported In Tile/Jigsaw Mode” and mention it somewhere in a FAQ. If the output is mostly unusable even if it was stitched, why give the impression that it is supported?

Hmm. Well, the tile assembly should work. I think we should know where the output is though, that’s important either way.

I’m assuming it’s just a channel we’re not looking at. Can you provide a test scene here too? Tiles are likely less important. Software being used would also be good, but I’m secretly hoping to find that out when you send me a file. :smiley:

V-Ray for 3ds Max.

docs.chaosgroup.com/display/VRA … ns+Effects
The Lens Effects are now part of the VRay VFB (used to be a separate Render Effect). Currently we have no knowledge that they are enabled, and they can produce their own image output depending on the settings (the result can be stored as a layer in the EXR, or split out as a separate image). Thus, at the moment Deadline has no knowledge that such a file will be created by the VFB, and does not handle it. There might be an issue with the exposure of the extra VFB options to MAXScript, but I have not looked into the details. Will have a look ASAP.

It appears that there USED to be an issue accessing all the VFB properties, and in 3.60.x most issues seem to have been resolved.
So we will try to at least add the extra output filenames to the Monitor when they are expected to be created and the VRay version allows us to.
I don’t think will be assembling them in the case of tile rendering though.

Yeah it’s all available now through
(vfbControl #glare)
–returns #(1) for on.

whilst I think 90% of the time the tile rendering will ruin the glare/bloom there might be times when it does work. due to the things that are blooming being small and not touching the tile edges…

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences