AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

License forwarder error - A call to SSPI failed.

Hello,
I’ve set up a render farm scenario on google comput engine that uses my local permanent licenses, now I wanted to use UBL in order to have some more horse power. It all works well as long as I use my permanent licenses, now I’ve set up the additional render nodes with UBL so it should work and they DO check out a deadline license using UBL, but when it comes to checking out a Vray license I get this error:

The machine that runs the license server is a VM on GCE that runs windows server 2012r2. The render nodes are VMs that run Ubuntu 17.04.
Does anyone have any Idea what it could be? I’ve googled a bit and the error seems to be related to .NET.

So I’ve downloaded and installed the latest .NET framework and this is what I have installed natively on windows server 2012r2:

Still no Luck!
any help? :slight_smile:

Thank you
-Robert

Well! That’s interesting… In my little bit of Googling it might be that we’re using a different version of the TLS protocol? I’ll go discuss with the dev team, but this should be a wide-spread problem if something changed on our infrastructure for V-Ray.

Update: Culled that last one. In talking to the dev team they’ve seen this happen when there were issues with the certs you downloaded from the Flexnet Operations portal. Can you re-download vray.pfx? Also, does the license forwarder have access to send requests outbound to the Internet on port 7880?

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences