AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

Maya Tile Rendering .txt files

The Maya Tile rendering creates files like this:

maya_psb_v004_dw.reflect_config_2017_10_24_18_13_18.txt

In the job repository but it also writes them to the render location too. If I delete them from the render location they still assemble correctly. Is there any need for them that I’m missing? If not why are they created? 3dsmax Tile Renderer doesn’t do the same.

Another Maya Tile-related issue…

The list of file output files/directories in the deadline job is in reverse order compared to 3dsmax. This means the main beauty output is the last one in the list rather than the first. So if you press ‘Ctrl+O’ in the deadline monitor it opens up the directory of the last render element (when sorted alphabetically). Rather than the main render folder which is what you’d expect for matching behaviour from 3dsmax.

Asking us all the tough questions! I’m told it’s in case you want to re-assemble the tiles in the future. I guess if nobody sees a need to re-assemble things down the road it’s probably fine for us to stop copying them over. Also, it can vary by submitter, so I guess Maya’s to blame this time.

That ordering’s interesting. We can probably swap the output file index… Would you be willing to make a simple job file, archive it, and post it here? I can run some quick tests and make the suggestion to the dev team? You can submit an empty scene with a few passes. I’ll open the issue now and add that job after the fact.

I’ve made a onFinished job event script which cleans them up now… (see my other thread about output directories for the issue there). I just wanted to make sure I hadn’t missed anything!

Send the attached file off as tiled 2x2 (not jigsaw) render.

and @Edwin, you’ll be pleased to know I’ll be moving careers slightly soon and I don’t anticipate having to deal with Tile Rendering there! So I’m just making sure I get all the bugs reported before I go! :wink:
maya_psb_v008_dw.zip (12.2 KB)

Always appreciated Dave! I hope you’ll still be around these parts.

Don’t worry they are a Thinkbox customer too! Just not big image rendering!

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences