AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

Maya Tile Rendering - Draft Assembly Paths not respecting vray 'separate folders'

This is a strange one because it’s working in the Maya render job…

The output directories include the folder path for the render element…

But the Tile assembly job doesn’t have the correct paths

It appears everything else is working with Tile Rendering in Deadline 10 though which is good!

Hmm… I wonder if something changed in V-Ray recently. Can you make up another simple test scene for me and let me know the V-Ray version? It looks like the assembly creation isn’t picking up those folders…

I’ll take a quick look to see if that’s been changed at all.

The assembly works fine, the correct path is written in the tile assembly txt auxilary files, it’s just the job.joboutputdirectories that are wrong for the Draft Job, Maya Job output directories are fine. We have a post-event script that uses these paths to do some clean-up, works fine in max but not in maya (without a dirty hack).
maya_psb_v008_dw.zip (12.2 KB)

Another note to say it’s fine if you use Jigsaw Rendering from Maya, the output directories of the Draft Tile Assembly job are correct. Just wrong with normal X*Y tile rendering.

Answer back from the dev team (and I feel kind of noobish for forgetting to ask) is what versions of V-Ray, Maya, and Deadline are you using? I can apply that info to the other forum issues too. :slight_smile:

Deadline 10.0.4.2
Vray 3.1 (I think)
Maya 2016

Hey Dave,

Sorry for the really late reply. I have been testing this out using Deadline 10.0.7 with Maya 2016 and vray 3.1 and I have been unable to reproduce using both Jigsaw and X*Y rendering single and animation using the scene you provided.

Would you be able to try updating to see if that fixes this issue for you.

Grant Bartel

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences